How to become a member of the WSE?
Direct trading in financial instruments on the WSE may be conducted by an entity that has the status of WSE exchange member. The following categories of entities meeting the requirements specified in the WSE Rules are eligible for WSE membership:
- an investment company within the meaning of article 3.33 of the Act, which makes exchange transactions on its own account or on its client's account,
- any other entity that is a participant of the National Depository, which makes exchange transactions on its own account only,
- any other entity that is not a participant of the National Depository, which makes exchange transactions on its own account only, provided that an entity that is a participant of the National Depository, which agreed to fulfill obligations in connection with settling transactions made, is specified.
An entity may be admitted to operate on the exchange if such an entity:
- has a permit to conduct brokerage business if the scope of operations on the exchange requires them to have the permit, in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Act,
- guarantees the proper fulfillment of the obligations of an exchange member,
- has basic organisational and technical measures enabling management of trading in exchange-listed financial instruments,
- is a corporate entity.
NOTE! A natural person cannot obtain the status of WSE exchange member
The manner of conducting the activity on the WSE by an exchange member is set forth in the following exchange regulations:
Warsaw Stock Exchange Rules
Detailed exchange trading rules
Resolutions of the Management Board and the Supervisory Board
Exchange Member Data Update Form - download