What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files saved on the Service User’s end device and dedicated to the use of the Service website. Cookies typically contain the name of the website, the period of storage on the end device, and a unique identifier.
Cookies are used to:
- customise the content of the Service website depending on the User’s preferences and optimise the use of the website; in particular, cookies help to identify the User’s device and display the website as customised to the User’ individual needs;
- generate statistics which help to understand how Users use the website and consequently to improve the website structure and content;
- maintain the User’s session (after login) so the User does not need to re-enter the login and password on each page.
By using the website, the User accepts that cookies will be saved on their computer or device for the aforementioned purposes. If the User refuses to accept cookies, cookies can be managed and controlled in the browser settings. Cookies can be deleted by clearing browsing history after leaving the website.
Types of cookies
The Service uses two main types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files which are stored on the User’s end device until the User logs out, leaves the website or disactivates the software (browser).
Persistent cookies are stored on the User’s end device for a period of time defined in the cookies parameters or until they are deleted by the user.
The Service uses the following types of cookies:
- necessary cookies, which allow Users to use the services, for instance authentication cookies used by services which require authentication;
- security cookies, for instance used to identify authentication fraud in the Service;
- performance cookies which collect data about how Users navigate the website.
The Service may also use functional cookies which save the User’s settings and personalise the user interface, for instance, the User’s language or region, font size, layout of the website, etc.
Some GPW websites may use advertising cookies to deliver advertising content that is customised to the User’s interests. A notice of use of advertising cookies is posted on the GPW websites which use such cookies.
In many cases, the software used to view websites (the browser) accepts cookies to be stored on the User’s end device by default. Users may at any time change the cookies settings to block default acceptance of cookies by the browser or to alert the User each time that cookies are stored on the User’s end device. For details of the cookies options, see the browser settings and the help files available in the browser menu.
The most popular browsers offer the following options:
- accept cookies in order to use all options offered by websites;
- manage cookies by website as selected by Users;
- define settings for different types of cookies;
- block or delete cookies.
This Cookies Policy covers the following websites: gpw.pl, newconnect.pl, gpwcatalyst.pl, gieldatoproste.pl, makroindeksy.pl, gpwgrowth.pl, sigg.gpw.pl as well as other services managed by GPW.